domingo, 13 de dezembro de 2009

Wait up... technical problems

I was about to break my promise to write to you everyday, whoever you are. Sorry, car problems! I ran home, so I could post this to tell that I'm writing as you read. But, I'm posting it today, not tomorrow, which is five minutes from now. Good evening and good morning!

I have spent my Sunday in the constant companion of Terry Eagleton, when I was not re-reading his first chapter "What is Literature?", I was thinking about him, the questions answered, and even more important, the inumerous raised. When I bought his book I was expecting a formal academic approach to Literature, and, having an exact sciences background, I confess that I was expecting stable paradigms, proven theories and the whole package that an engineer expects. How surprised I was, when there was nothing of sort.

Terry conducted me from imaginative fiction, to linguistic violence, from there to non-pragmatic speech, then to the valued and beautiful writings and finally to the maintenance of social power, in other words, "status quo", to explain what Literature is. Fomulating hypotesis after hypotesis to contradict them one after the other, leaving us with an idea of what Literature may be and with the almost certainty that no one actually knows what it really is. I'm looking forward to moving to the next chapter where I believe he will ilustrate the last hypotesis formulated.

Being real in the real world, I have already developed three plots for romances. The first is a crime fiction, the second is a fantasy fiction and the third is a love story that happens in a real conturbated historic time in Brazil. I do want to tell you in details what they are about, but before I could do so, I need to understand how copyright works, how to protect an idea that is not yet concrete.

In the next few days, I will develop a research to understand this world of rights and wrongs, of ideas and books, of laws and crimes in order to protect whatever work or idea I may have on this roller coaster ride.

See you, tomorrow. Oops: today!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário